Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Seeking Him

Reading my devotional, "Jesus Calling", I was encouraged today & want to share it:

I speak to you contniually.  My nature is to communicate, though not always in words.  I fling glorious sunsets across the sky, day after day after day.  I speak in the faces and voices of loved ones.  I caress you with a gentle breeze that refreshes and delights you.  I speak softly in the depths of our spirit, where I have taken up residence. 

You can find Me in each moment, when you have eyes that see and ears that hear.  Ask My Spirit to sharpen your spiritual eyesight and hearing.  I rejoice each time you discover My Presence.  Practice looking and listening for Me during quiet intervals.  Gradually you will find Me in more and more of your moments.  You will seek Me and find Me, when you seek Me above all else.
Psalm 19:1
           The Heavens declare the Glory of God, and the sky above proclaims His handiwork. 

God is always revealing Himself in marvelouse ways.  I know He is present when I look at the extraordinary sunsets...His living canvas.  He is our perfect Creator....I see Him in the puffy and amazing clouds...the blue sky...the gulf...when it rains...in the wind...and on and on.  He is everywhere and so lovingly speaks to us through His creation. 

I am learning that as I worship Him and live in gratitude for who He is in my life, that there is no room for negative thoughts/lies that can so easily take hold of my mind.  Keeping God in the forefront of my mind can challenge those places and help me to live for Him and for His Kingdom. 

What else I love about God is witnessing the transforming power of His love, grace, and mercy being exhibited through the lives of people who are struggling with addictions and emotional problems. To see them struggling from a desperate place in their lives and watching God taking hold of their hearts and bringing them to freedom from those strongholds is truly incredible and amazing....God at work, indeed. 

I find overwhelming joy as I watch my granddaughter who carries a song in her heart continually...loving the simplest things...roly polys...music...dance...her mom and dad...the beach...a friend playing in our pool wih her all afternoon....books.  I love her heart...her inner beauty that shines outward. 

So much to be grateful for.  : )

With God there is purpose...there is freedom...there is peace....there is grace. 




No comments:

Post a Comment