Wednesday, March 25, 2009

A Work in Progress

A work in progress begins my blog. This is a new experience for me and am still learning how to set up a blog. A work in progress includes not only the mechanics of putting a blog together, but also my life of many seasons is a work in progress as God continues to transform my heart ...my thoughts....my attitudes...my prayer life...my relationships. I am clay in the potter's hands. : ) He's molding me daily to be more like HIm in preparation for eternity with Him. During the seasons of my life, this has been a very painful process, however, it's that process I find great joy and gratutude in.

The title of my blog April Showers....May Flowers reflects two very important events in my life:
April Showers....represents the untimely death of my son Joey who died April 16th, 1997 at age 29.
May Flowers....represents the birth of our first grandchild...Genevieve Elise...on May 10, 2007. You will hear more about them in later posts as you will hear about other family whom I love and adore.
Every year, April and May come and go....bringing showers of tears in my grief for my son and deep joy and gratefulness for my sweet granddaugher...two poignant events within the many seasons of my life.

2 comments:

  1. welcome to the world of blogging! I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I have. Writing relaxes me and helps me organize my thoughts...

    I like your name, never really thought about the parallels in your life like that (Joey/April, Genevieve/May).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Connie, I'm so excited to see you blogging. I know that you will touch even more lives in this endeavor. Your heart, passion and ministry is so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete