Saturday, April 4, 2009

Remembering Joey

April....a season of spring showers,renewal, rebirth, beauty, renewed life...

Where to start is the question as I ponder the direction and purpose of this blog. My life is comprised of many seasons and experiences so where to start is no simple task.

The month of April I will dedicate to my first-born son, Joey; there may be some random other writings as well, but the purpose of this month is to remember Joey, who died April 16, 1997.

At just 19, I gave birth to a sweet baby boy November 17, 1967. I remember that day like it was just yesterday. Actually, he came in the middle of the night. I was so naive, I didn't realize what was happening when my water broke and rushing to the hospital that foggy night, Joey came very fast. Those first few months were a whirlwind for me being a new young mom....what an adventure.

Joey...blond curls and green eyes and a smile that lit up his face and my heart.

Full of laughter
Adventurous
Cuddly
Loved to be read to
Built awesome towers out of blocks
and then knocked them down bringing on giggles
Hours of hot wheel races and building tracks
Contentment & laughter on the swing
We picnicked in the back yard
He was fearless at the beach crawling to the water
Laughter and easy smiles
He loved life...his puppy (Snoopy)....his kitties
Full of life and fun.

I miss you, Joey more than words can express. I still ache for you with every fiber of my being; and my love for you is forever, even though you are no longer with us. Those are my honest 'mom' feelings and yet there are other feelings that co-exist in me at the same time. You not being here is bittersweet. I know where you are today and that you are now in God's arms with no more suffering or tears .... knowing that brings a painful peace.

My hope in the near future is to post a few photos of Joey and also to learn how to put a playlist on this blog.





No comments:

Post a Comment