Thursday, April 30, 2009

Transition from April to May

April was always a month I looked forward to with great anticipation and excitement as a month of rebirth and renewal...a month of transition from the winter months to the spring full of fresh beauty. Now the beautiful month of April is laced with sadness for within the beauty of renewed life, there is the sadness of Joey's life gone. A lost life in the midst of nature's rebirth.

April Showers...May Flowers. April showers brings tears of sadness in my grief over the loss of my son. God has been my refuge and has given me strength to live my life with His purpose in mind. God has been my Compassion ....my Counselor...my Rock...my Hope. Living with intention for Him is what brings meaning and purpose to my life and has empowered me, one day at a time, to continue to move forward.

Now, transitioning from April to May:

May Flowers: With the approach of May, I now introduce the other important event that May represents to me...the birth of my first grandchild...Genevieve Elise. She was born to our youngest son, Andrew and his sweet wife, Leah on May 10, 2007. What a joy and blessing God has brought into our lives. The month of May brings to mind the beauty of flowers....flowers everywhere of every color and size that brings delight and smiles to those who take the time to enjoy them. Genevieve is like those flowers...full of life that has brought sunshine and smiles and laughter to my heart. Genevieve is full of wonder and loves the world she lives in. She brings an extraordinary joy to those who love her. After having three sons of my own, our granddaughter is a special blessing in our lives. Through the month of May, I will post pictures of our granddaughter in celebration of the beautiful life God has brought into our lives.


Genevieve--nearly two--enjoying romping in the front yard at the lake, holding a flower.

1 comment:

  1. oh.... my first grandbaby was born in May also. (2006)...
    loving this new stage of life!
    Sweet Blessings,

    ReplyDelete