Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Genevieve's First 2 Years

April Showers...May Flowers was my way of entering the blog world to acknowledge two poignant events in my life that have deeply changed the person I am today. April was the month to honor the memory of my first-born son, Joey, who died 12 years ago in a wreck at 29 years old. A piece of my heart died when we lost him and forever changed me emotionally, physically, and mentally. I thought there could never be any joy or laughter or meaning in my life when I lost him. Fortunately, God has been my strength, purpose, & hope throughout these years and has blessed us with our first granddaughter, Genevieve who was born two years ago this month. Even though there is still an agonizing hole left by our son's death, God has brought a precious new gift into our lives and hearts that gives us so much joy beyond what words can express.

May flowers...rebirth...new life...Genevieve...hope, love, purpose...God. You will now see a pictorial of Genevieve's life as we come to the end of May. Here is our sweet granddaughter whom God has blessed us with:















It's been a full two years watching our little granddaughter develop and grow. She has the cutest little personality and sense of humor already. I've noticed that she can be so very feminine and yet doesn't hesitate to get down and sandy at the beach. She finds peace and solace as she looks at books and listens to who ever is reading to her. She cuddles. It's amusing to watch her daddy and mommy have little tea parties with her. How funny to see her humorously "discipline" Nacho, her big lab dog...of course imitating her daddy.

We don't get to see Genevieve as often as we would like for they live in Arkansas. We are hoping and praying that one day soon they will be able to move to Texas to be closer to family. Only God knows for now. We're waiting in Him. In the meantime, we all do our best not to let more than 3 months go by without a visit. Genevieve is blossoming so fast now, it doesn't take much time to see huge growth spurts.

As the end of May approaches, I will be thinking of how to use this blog next. I seek God out and want to be purposeful in any future writings. I know God had brought me through much and with that in mind, I look to Him to be intentional with my posts.

















No comments:

Post a Comment