Monday, July 27, 2009

Spiritually Alive in a Dying World

It's been quite some time since I've posted anything...it just isn't coming to me...I feel stuck regarding any ideas or what's on my heart. I decided to just start with nothing to see where this goes and maybe it will help me to get unstuck. Have you ever had these kind of moments in your life...where you're just going through the motions and really not noticing anything? Not really? That idea causes me to think about how that seems to be running parallel to what our weather has been like for the last several months....absolutely dry as a bone and hot as coals in a barbecue pit. Everything around us is dying or distressed and it is starting to affect how I feel. I love the outdoors when it is green and lush with everything vibrant and alive and beautiful...I feel alive inside and am so aware of God's beauty all around me. I find parts of me weeping inside as I watch everything dry up and die. Please, God...bring the rains. And yet I am to pray..."Your will be done." Help me to accept your will, God. Not just with the weather, but in all aspects of my life and in relationships around me.

Even though the world I'm living in at the moment is drying up and dying, there are women in my life, whom I'm mentoring, that are seeking God's face and growing spiritually. I am exceedingly amazed when I see God at work in others' lives...watching deep transformations of hearts and minds taking place. Being a part of this process brings about sunshine and hope in my walk with Christ. That is when I feel most alive...being in His Presence.

"God, please use me to serve you in whatever capacity you have purposed for me." This was my heartfelt prayer many months ago as I struggled to find purpose in this season of my life. God was quick to answer, to my delight. He has brought several women into my life that wanted and needed to be mentored. This made perfect sense to me as I read Titus 2:3-5 about the older woman teaching the younger woman in specific areas of their lives. Because I have never had a mentor in my life, I know the value and wisdom of having an older woman in one's life for support, guidance and encouragement in her roles as a woman of God, a wife and a mother.

I am honored and humbled to serve God in this way and at the same time struggle with it since I know only too well how imperfect I am. I truly do not have all the answers or know everything...in fact, as I get older, the less it seems I do know. Because of my many flaws, I know the importance of being authentic and real with these women. Yet there is a plethora of experiences from my life that helps me to identify with the younger woman and through those experiences and lessons I've learned, I can share those with them as God sees fit.

As I look back on my life in this season, I do ask what it was all about? God answered that question almost immediately with "For My Glory". He did do a deep transformation of my heart and still is. The woman I am today is the result of God's refining process throughout all these years and for that I am deeply grateful. I'm just a simple woman who continues to seek God. There isn't much I say that is of any real significance other than to express my love for my family and friends and to share my heart about God and what He is doing in my life and in the lives of others that He is touching.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing this with us. It truly has blessed me.

    ReplyDelete